The mission of the Westfield Learning Center is to support classroom instruction by developing and implementing quality academic support tailored to each student’s unique learning needs while preparing them for future academic success. We believe in the equal worth and dignity of our students and WLC’s primary objective is to offer students with a demonstrated need, an opportunity to reach their maximum potential.
The Westfield Learning Center was created to extend additional educational and support services to students with mild diagnosed learning differences and attention problems. The goal of the WLC is to equip those students with the learning strategies necessary to be academically successful within Westfield’s rigorous college preparatory curriculum. Our priority is to provide leadership, guidance, confidence, and support that will maximize learning for students.
The WLC program serves students by:
· Managing testing accommodations
· Teaching study skills
· Teaching test-taking strategies
· Providing academic tutoring
· Structuring study time
· Maintaining communication with classroom teachers
· Working with classroom teachers to provide accommodations
· Providing updates to parents
· Interpreting education evaluations for parents and teachers