Through the Westfield experience, students become independent, self-assured, confident learners ready for college and life – and they make life-long friends along the way.
The educational program is divided into three distinct divisions: Lower School (grades PK-5), Middle School (grades 6-8), and Upper School (grades 9-12). The curriculum and content delivery are carefully attuned at each level to children’s developmental and emotional needs. The school’s administration, faculty, and staff work closely together to insure a smooth transition academically and socially as students move from Lower School to Middle School and on to Upper School.
Small classes allow teachers to build a personal relationship with each student and to develop bonds that are vitally important to a student’s overall success. Students receive quality instruction and engage in meaningful activities as they focus on core academic curriculum. This study is enhanced at all grade levels with a strong curriculum that includes foreign language, fine arts, technology, and physical education. The Advanced Placement and Honors programs provide opportunities for students to experience more challenging academic rigor.
- 100% college placement
- SAT scores above national average
- 60 National AP Scholars in 2013-16
- Three National Merit Commended Scholars and one National Merit Finalist in Classes of 2016 and 2017
- Over 72 percent of the Class of 2016 received the HOPE Scholarship with 20 percent receiving the Zell Miller HOPE Scholarship.
- Foreign Language instruction is offered to every Westfield student from Pre K through 12th grade.
- AP and Honors classes
- Dual Enrollment Courses for College Credit
- Average SAT and ACT scores rank above the national, state, and local district averages.
- Music instruction in Pre-K through 6th grade is influenced by the Orff-Schulwerk music education philosophy, a “hands-on” approach to teaching music where children experience the music before they define it.
- Art and music instruction is offered to every Westfield student from Pre K through 12th grade.